Saturday, August 23, 2014

What exactly do I do?

 First of all sorry for being a day late in my post. I just finished the first week with students and have come down with a head cold. I'm trying something new this time, instead of using medicine, I am trying essential oils. For being on day two of this treatment, I a feeling so much better :)

Now back to what I teach. A lot of people ask that when they find out I am a teacher, I think some of my extend family wonder that as well. The special education program I teach is called Developmental Preschool.  A student in my class is any where from 3-5 years old, they can be any exceptionality as well.  My program is structured I two sessions, a morning and afternoon, we try to keep the younger students in the morning and the older ones in the afternoon.  My students come for 12.5 hours a week and my related service provides either do large group activities or pull my students indivually.  Starting this year I have five students in each class. I can have nine students in each class but that usually doesn't happen, last year I had eleven in my afternoon class, but then they had to hire another assistant, so getting to that large of a number rarely happens. 

Well I'm off to apply my next round of oils. Thanks for reading :)



No comments:

Post a Comment