Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Teacher Week: My Classroom

Today we venture into where I teach. This is my first year at this school I was unsure how to plan to decorate my room, also with a group of new little guys I didn't want it to be to over stimulating for them.  When I first walked into my room I was shocked to see ceiling that are close to twenty feet tall, even with the biggest ladder I own there is no way I would be able to hang anything from the ceiling.

This is my dramatic play area:

This is my block center (sorry all the blocks are in the cabinet) this is a favorite with all my boys:




In the background you can see my circle area with the smart board. This area also doubles as my literacy center.

Here is another shot of my circle/ literacy center.  I use carpet squares because it gives everyone their own defined space and I can add in fifer chairs which tend to be a little larger. I was able to get my carpet squares through a donors choose project, it is such a wonderful resource for teachers.  Check it out if you never have.

Next is a very big multitasking area in my room. These tables are used for breakfast/lunch, as well as for table toys, my art center and the math science centers. When your room is long and narrow I've found you have to sometimes double up on centers. 

One of they many things that I love about the school I'm at is that when it was built in 2009, they did a green build. So we have things like dual flush toilets and faucets that are sensors, which is interesting with students that are potty training :) my students want to was their hands all the time. But my FAVORITE part of my classroom is that there are twelve skylights on a switch that I can open and close to let in the natural light, but they look like regular classroom lights. We have so many sunny days that I think I the two weeks I've been in my room I haven't had to turn on any lights :)


This is another great part of my school. This is the view from our playground. Duty is always wonderful when I get to see the mountains and the city :)

I hope everyone enjoyed this mini tour of my classroom digs.

Also don't forget the sale tomorrow at teachers pay teachers. My store will be on sale so stop by and check it out. I know I will be doing some shopping.

Thanks for reading!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment