Thursday, August 21, 2014

Teacher a Week: When in the Day?

Today's post is to focus on when in the day I do things like planning and for Progress Toward IEP goals.  So here is a break down:

At the school I was at for the last three years teachers were expected to be at school from bell to bell, this always seemed odd to me. Before this I was at schools where teachers came in a little early and a little after students left.  I, this year, am back at a school where teachers have to be to school half an hour before the students and stay a half an hour later.  I like this model because it gives me time to set up and clean up.  However because I am new and still without my educational assistant :( this time seems to fly by without me getting anything on my to do list done.

Also I have an hour in the middle of my day between my morning and afternoon classes.  This time is blocked off to be my lunch and prep, since my students do not go to pull outs. While I would love this time to lesson plan or work on IEP's.  I usually end up talking with my related service providers about students and what I am seeing in the classroom as opposed to what they see in their sessions.

It all ends up that I am being truly useful in my time, but I am hoping that when I eventually get my EA I will be able to do more my of planning and paper work stuff. But again I will probably feel that there is not enough time. And doesn't everyone do lesson plans on Sunday suring nap time;)

Thanks for Readin!!!

P.S. I was going to include a look at what my daily schedule looks like but it needs to be drastically changed. Ah tomorrow is Friday of the first week of school :)


No comments:

Post a Comment